[ovirt-users] 3.6 master hosted engine setup error

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 10:57:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
>> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

> [snip]

> [snip]
>

>> This one is simply the appliance from 3.6 so everything else looks
>> correct.
>> The appliance build from master is here:
>>
>> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-appliance-engine_master_create-rpms-el7-noarch_merged/
>>

> Hello Simone,
> always trying to setup a working environment from master using self hosted
> engine
> I'm using the appliance at the link you provided, because it seems that
> the ovirt-appliance rpm is outside from master repo (I suppose due to its
> size and daily mirrors effort?)

It's basically for the size, we'll fix it when we'll move to new
infrastructure.

> But it seems it remains stuck at
>
> [ INFO  ] Connecting to the Engine
> [ INFO  ] Waiting for the host to become operational in the engine. This
> may take several minutes...
>
> in this phase I see that the engine vm is not up

This looks strange, the engine should be up at that point.

> In /var/log/libvirt/qemu/HostedEngine.log
> 2015-11-24 10:51:15.576+0000: shutting down

Can you please attach vdsm logs and /var/log/messages from your host to let
me check why the VM died?

> and both ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent are down and yet disable at
> host side.
>
> and at the end
> [ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
> [ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
> [ ERROR ] Timed out while waiting for host to start. Please check the logs.
> [ ERROR ] Unable to add hosted_engine_1 to the manager
> [ INFO  ] Saving hosted-engine configuration on the shared storage domain
> [ INFO  ] Shutting down the engine VM
> [ INFO  ] Enabling and starting HA services
>           Hosted Engine successfully set up
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
> [ INFO  ] Generating answer file
> '/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151124123248.conf'
> [ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf'
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
>
> Perhaps is it better to configure a separate self hosted engine os and not
> use the appliance?
> Or all the sef hosted engine in master is broken right now and I have to
> wait?

I tryied it a couple of days ago with the appliance and it was OK.
I think is worth now to had CI jobs also from master.