[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] Controlling UI table column visibility and position

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 16:39:35 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Thanks! :)

> However, I would filter out status columns since this column does not have a
> title and also  I can not see a use-case of removing this column from the
> view

For columns without explicit title like VM status (icon) column, I gave
these a "meaningful" title for context menu purposes, like "Status Icon"
in the screenshot above.

I wanted to give users full freedom as to which columns are visible and
in which order. Even if you turn off all columns, you can turn them on
again :) but I agree that VM status is quite essential info and turning
it off doesn't make much sense..

I've also created RFE to improve existing up/down arrow user experience
by replacing it with drag'n'drop behavior:

  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1285499

(Please note that this feature landed in 'master' branch, no backports.)

Vojtech