[ovirt-users] 3.6 vm from template with cloud-init. Not able to confirm OK button

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 18:33:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I have created a template based on a CentOS 7.1 VM where I installed
> cloud-init.
> Now I'm trying to create a VM from that template using cloud-init and
> changing hostname and network parameters.
> It seems that in "Initial Run" section there is something wrong because if
> I press OK it doesn't happen anything but a sort of dotted square around
> the ok button, but I'm not able to see what is the thing that is not ok and
> correct it.....
>
> Can I debug anywhere?
>
> BTW: if I succeed in this preliminar test I would like to create a vm pool
> from this same template where, for every started VM in the pool (stateless
> is ok for them), a new hostname and a preconfigured static ip is set (I
> have not and I can't set up a dhcp server on that network). Is something
> configurable in vm pool with cloud init?
>
> Thanks
> Gianluca

I have run some tests and the problem about the ok button seems related
with the network section.
The dns server list is to be configured with spaces (as described also in
tooltip) and not with commas as I supposed.
But still sometimes it happens that I can not succesdfully press the OK
button.

The hostname, timezone and authentication parts are ok and are configured
correctly inside the guest.
BTW:The original CentOS 7.1 VM from where I made my template is configured
with NetworkManager, do I have to configure it with classic network?

About network config settings:
If I set only one value for "dns servers" and one value for "dns search
domains" fields, almost all goes well:
ip settings (eg I changed ip and gateway from what was in template) are ok

resolv.conf has been apparently modified, based on its timestamp, but not
updated: my chosen different dns server and search domain are not taken

Any hint on vm pool? If I simulate, and select static in ip config I'm not
proposed with a parametric choice....