[ovirt-users] Install ovirt locally

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 07:22:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 5:03 AM, John Hunter <zhjwpku at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is my situation: in my office, we can not access the website out of
> China,
> I have to grab my PC home to install the ovirt environment, this makes me
> sad.
>
> Can I download all the packages needed by ovirt  at home, store them in my
> U-disk, and back to office and install the enviroment? I am worry about the
> package dependency.
>
> Does anybody who has done this or does anybody has a better solution for
> this?

If you want just the minimal set of packages, you can do something like this:
1. Download the release package (check [1]) from home, get it to the
office and install there.
2. Run in the office something like:
yumdownloader -q --resolve --urls ovirt-engine ovirt-engine-dwh
ovirt-engine-reports ovirt-engine-websocket-proxy
ovirt-vmconsole-proxy > URLs
Obviously choose packages as you wish.
3. copy ./URLs home and run: wget -i URLs
4. Copy the downloaded files to the office and install.

Didn't try that myself. In particular, note that engine-setup optionally
installs additional stuff for you, so in principle might require more packages.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Download
--
Didi