[ovirt-users] [QE][ACTION REQUIRED] oVirt 3.6.0 status

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 11:19:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 02:44:50PM +0200, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Hi,
> We planned to start composing next milestone of oVirt 3.6.0  on *2015-10-12
> 08:00 UTC* from 3.6 branches.
>
> There are still 234 bugs [1] targeted to 3.6.0.
>
> Whiteboard  RC  GA  Total
> docs        5   0   15
> dwh         1   0   1
> external    0   1   1
> gluster     40  0   40
> i18n        2   0   2
> infra       23  6   29
> integration 0   1   1
> network     27  1   28
> node        4   0   4
> reports     1   0   1
> sla         36  2   38
> storage     49  9   58
> ux          10  0   10
> virt        5   1   6
> Total       213 21  234
>

> Maintainers must scrub them and push non critical bugs to ZStream releases.
>
> There is 1 acknowledged blocker for 3.6.0:
> Bug 1196640 - [Monitoring] Network utilisation is not shown for the VM

The patch solving this bug has been merged to the ovirt-3.6.0 two days
ago, and would be part of an rc2 build of ovirt-engine.

Until our bugzilla bots are functional again, developers are asked to
pet their bugs more often, and move the MODIFIED after merge.
Marcin, can you tend to this bug?

> And there are 21 bugs suggested as blockers for 3.6.0:

> 1259468 NEW network Setupnetworks fails from time to time with error
> 'Failed to bring interface up'

Annoys automated QA, but not seen in manual checks. I'm not sure it
should block ovirt-3.6.0. I'd love to hear if a lot of ovirt users use
automated scripts with no retries to setup host networking.

> 1262026 NEW network Host booted up after upgrading it 3.5.4->3.6 with rhevm
> bridge with DEFROUTE=no.

May cause a lot of pain if proven real. However, initial attempts did
not reproduce. Have any rc-tester bumped into something like that?

> 1262051 NEW network Host move from 'up' to 'connecting' and back to 'up'
> from time to time

I'm not sure that this is a release blocker, even though it is a
regression.