[ovirt-users] Hello, Multiple server into a single processing machine

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Fri Oct 2 20:17:28 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 04:08 PM, Dan Yasny wrote:
> There is no virtualization system that allows you to aggregate host
> resources into a single VM. What you probably need is a computational
> cluster.
>
> --
> Dan
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:01 AM, Khairul Annuar Bin Nordin
> <khairul.nordin at photobookworldwide.com
> <mailto:khairul.nordin at photobookworldwide.com>> wrote:
>
>     Good day,
>     I was wondering if there is a way to configure ovirt to act as an
>     operation to connect multiple server as one machine.
>
>     Regarding this, the machine would detect all server processor and
>     manage it as one machine.
>
>     example: I have 4 server with 8 core processor each, which result
>     as 32 core. All the 32 core should be detected under one
>     management. Ovirt will act as the main processing manager and in
>     it will have multiple instance, these instance will run on across
>     all server with high availability and resource sharing.
>
>     Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

This is a very specialized use case  and a lot less simple than running
oVirt, try searching for SSI if you really need this.

Mosix, Plan 9 and Inferno are still currently maintained.

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01