[ovirt-users] Admin <at> internal inlog problems with clean install 3.6RC

Christopher Miersma miersma at ualberta.ca
Mon Oct 5 16:43:41 UTC 2015

I'm having the same problem with the latest packages for 3.6 RC. I've
tried reinstalling a number of times, setting up with and without an
answer file, and I always get a login denied error.

Log entries:
(from trying ovirt-shell)
2015-10-05 09:30:48,361 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.aaa.filters.BasicAuthenticationFilter] (default
task-1) [] User admin authentication failed. profile is internal.
Invocation Result code is 0. Authn result code is ACCOUNT_EXPIRED

(from web interface)
2015-10-05 10:32:25,034 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.aaa.LoginBaseCommand] (default task-19) []
Can't login user 'admin' with authentication profile 'internal' because
the authentication failed.
2015-10-05 10:32:25,040 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(default task-19) [] Correlation ID: null, Call Stack: null, Custom
Event ID: -1, Message: The account for admin got expired. Please contact
the system administrator.
2015-10-05 10:32:25,043 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(default task-19) [] Correlation ID: null, Call Stack: null, Custom
Event ID: -1, Message: User admin at internal failed to log in.
2015-10-05 10:32:25,044 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.aaa.LoginAdminUserCommand] (default task-19)
[] CanDoAction of action 'LoginAdminUser' failed for user
admin at internal. Reasons: USER_ACCOUNT_EXPIRED

I have tried using the ovirt-aaa-jdbc-tool tool, with "user edit
--account-valid-to,"  "user password-reset --password-valid-to," and
"user unlock" options with multiple different dates, passwords of
varying complexity, etc. and nothing seems to work. This is all
happening during the middle of a hosted-engine setup, which throws
everything off. I've also done clean re-installs a number of times.

Early last week, when the release candidate first came out, I did not
have this issue. I was able to complete the install without any problems.

Has anyone found a way to get around this if it starts happening?

Christopher