[ovirt-users] how to remove orphaned image

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Fri Oct 9 09:45:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have some orphaned images on a storage domain which are not visible
from manager and I would like to remove them.

I found one proposed feature which would be useful but seems not exists
yet - http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Orphaned_Images

Also I found this feature http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Domain_Scan but
there is no documentation how to use it.

Could you suggest me safe manual steps to remove an orphaned image?

btw. I know all info about this image - sdUUID, spUUID, imgUUID,
volUUID, volume path, logical volume on which is stored,... I am using
oVirt3.5.4

Thanks in advance,

Jiri Slezka