[ovirt-users] VM's in wrong state

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 11:23:25 UTC 2015

On 9 Oct 2015, at 09:48, Johan Kooijman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since a couple of days I have one node with non responsive VM's. The node is OK and the VM's are  working actually, just show the wrong state.
Hi,
so what state does it show? Not Responding host? Is there a problem of only one VM or all the VMs on that host are Unknown and host state is Not Responding?

> I'll find out why it happened, but for now I need to correct the state. Any ideas on how to do that?

depends on the above., If there is an issue with only one or few VMs it typically means libvirt (or vdsm while talking to libvirt) have some issues accessing monitoring data of that VM.
if it's the whole host then communication between engine and host is problematic, or storage issues - you should see something in the log (or post it here, both vdsm.log and engine.log)

Thanks,
michal