[ovirt-users] upgrade path from Ovirt 3.5x to 3.6x

Andrea Ghelardi a.ghelardi at iontrading.com
Mon Oct 12 14:54:37 UTC 2015

Thanks Michal,

Your reply somehow answer to my question, but I still have some bits of
fuzziness

Hosted engine VM upgrade itself is almost clear (maintenance, db backup,
reformat, reinstall, db import).

However:

1.       Inter-cluster migration is somehow unsupported. Should we worried
about moving VM from EL6 cluster to EL7? You know... different vdsm etc....
is ovirt migration feature atomic and reversible (if something goes wrong
during the process)?

2.       More important: the only Ovirt version that supports both EL6.6
and EL7.1 is 3.53. my real question is: what happen as soon as I finish
upgrade of my ovirt to version 3.54 (or 3.55) *while running HOSTS on EL6.6*
?

I mean, there will be a point in time when a version mismatch/overlap will
be unavoidable.

For example: how people should correctly jump from version 3.53 (EL6.6) to
3.54 (EL6.7)?

Ovirt team should support at least one or two previous version to support
overlaps...

Thanks

AG