[ovirt-users] live snapshot merge missing after vdsm update

Roel de Rooy RdeRooy at motto.nl
Tue Oct 13 11:49:34 UTC 2015

Hi all,

1 of our older clusters in use, consists of 2 nodes contain Fedora 20, with the virt-preview repository enabled.
The Engine itself is installed on a dedicated server (CentOS 6) and is still on version 3.5.1.1-1.el6.

During some maintenance a couple of days ago on the Fedora 20  nodes, also the installed vdsm package was updated by the engineer working on the nodes.
We went from version 'vdsm-4.16.10-8.gitc937927.fc20' to 'vdsm-4.16.26-0.fc20'.

This morning I wanted to remove some old snapshots on running vm's, only to find out that the delete button is once again greyed out.
I also created a new snapshot on a running vm to test if it would only happen on snapshots that were already there before the update, but the delete button would still remain greyed out.
Only turning off the vm allows me to use the delete button.

When looking at the nodes within the cluster, they both still have Live Snapshot Support on Active.
Before the vdsm update, the live merge functionality worked perfectly.

Anybody experienced something similar?
Could It be because the Engine is still running on 3.5.1?
We are also running 2 clusters with F21 nodes that have the same vdsm version nummer installed and they don't have an issue at all; connected to the same engine.

Kind Regards,
Roel