[ovirt-users] huge ovirt_engine_history

Eric Wong Eric.Wong at solvians.com
Tue Oct 13 14:59:58 UTC 2015

Hello oVirt guru out there:

I notice our oVirt engine postgres db size is growing quite fast for past couple of months.  I checked the database size.  Found that our ovirt_engine_history is 73GB in size.

engine=# \connect ovirt_engine_history
You are now connected to database "ovirt_engine_history" as user "postgres".
ovirt_engine_history=# SELECT pg_size_pretty( pg_database_size( current_database() ) ) As human_size
    , pg_database_size( current_database() ) As raw_size;
 human_size |  raw_size
 73 GB      | 78444213368
(1 row)

Brief check the records, there are entries dated back 2014.

I want to see if there is a safe way to archive and remove some of the older records?

Thanks,
Eric