[ovirt-users] integrate iSCSI and FC on the same oVirt datacenter

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 22:01:47 UTC 2015

בתאריך 14 באוק׳ 2015 3:11 אחה״צ,‏ "Kapetanakis Giannis" <
bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr> כתב:

> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe someone can provide
directions for my problem.

> I have a full FC setup with FC switch and FC HBAs on Linux (Centos) to
access my storage.

> However we cannot afford expanding our FC infrastructure thus making it
hard for us to add more nodes in the oVirt setup.
> FCoE requires compatible switches and adapters (correct?) which is also
out of budget.
> Our storage supports only FC.
>
> I thought something like this might work:
>
> node[1]: FC - ISCSI <-> node[2]: ISCSI - FC

I dont follow - how do you want to share your fc storage over iscsi?

And what are these nodes? Storage nodes? Hypervisors?

Nir

> share the FC block device over iscsi and then create a new FC
target+initiator on the new node with same FC lun as the original?