[ovirt-users] about LXC and ovirt

Giuseppe Ragusa giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:43:11 UTC 2015

> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:16:06PM +0200, Johan Kooijman wrote:
> > > Never seen an  update to this ticket. Are there any plans?

> > near

> > I'm not aware of current plans. We can consider this when ovirt-4.0
> > feature request season opens.
> >
> > Until then, can you share your own use case for runnig LXC?
> >

> It seems like Proxmox have quite the install base especially due to the
> ability to mix containers and "fat" VMs. AFAIK that's the only feature they
> have that is ahead of oVirt. And that install base should tell us this is
> indeed a feature needed and widely used.
>

> > I'd love to see a vdsm hook that translates the qemu-kvm domxml into an
> > lxc one, as a first step. Anyone?
> >

> That can be a fun project to do, but I'm not volunteering just yet ;)
>

> > Dan.

+1
A couple of related questions:
*) what can we expect from the deprecation of libvirt LXC driver in RHEL? (CentOS would follow suit, barring an extraordinary effort from the Virtualization SIG, akin to the Xen-on-CentOS one)
*) dreaming of a future convergence of oVirt-node and Atomic would be... well, just dreaming? ;)
Giuseppe