[ovirt-users] MacSpoof with multiple VM's -> bad/slow response on 3.5.3

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 05:51:28 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

On a 3.5.3 updated cluster I see issues with macspoofed VM's.

The cluster is a CcentOS 7 cluster which always performed well.

I noticed that on my loadbalancers the macspoof true setting
disspeared in the engine and when I added it and rebooted some other
carp machines it was vanished at those machines.

It's a quite simple setup:

2 static nodes in a mutiple hosts cluster with carp machines on it,
per blade 1 Firewall, Pfsense, and one Loadbalancer ZEN.

The cluster ID's differ on ZEN, and the carp IP's on pfsense have a
different VHID's so I wondered if this is a known issue with the
vanished macspoof true setting I found out (so the whole virtual IP
doesn't work in that case).

Some other cluster works fine without any issue, the spoofed systems
here are on CentOS 6

This setup has run for more than a year without any issues.

I hope someone has some information if this issue is known.

Thanks Matt

(sorry for my bad typing it's kinda early/late ;))