[ovirt-users] Failed to start virtual machine due to internal error withsanlock

Joris Dobbelsteen Joris at familiedobbelsteen.nl
Wed Oct 21 20:37:39 UTC 2015

[snip]

>> Please attach the engine, VDSM and sanlock logs
>(/var/log/sanlock.log).
>> Which Storage Domains does this setup contains? Can you create a disk?

Hi Maor,
Thanks for your help.

Please find the logs attached. I cut them a bit, so I hope they contain everything you need.

The server was started about 6 months ago.
There are 2 DCs: "default", which is empty and "Tilburg" with 1 cluster and 1 host.
There are 4 storage domains. 1 ISO (NFS) and 3 "Local on Host".

It's a bit of a too-lite setup for oVirt, but the interface is great.

>I got confused here, you wrote that you can't start a domain in the mail
>subject, but you mentioned that you have tried to run a VM.
>did you try also to reconstruct your DC?

It was morning in Europe. And I was sloppy with terms. Sorry for the confusion.
Domain is supposed to be "Virtual Machine".

I created it fresh, and allocated a thinly provisioned disk on one of the "Local on Host" storage domains.

Pressing "Run" or "RunOnce" for the virtual machine consistently results in:
"
VM build-arm-mcu is down with error. Exit message: internal error unsupported flags (0x1) in function virLockManagerSanlockNew.
"

 [snip]