[ovirt-users] trunk mode for getting vlan into vms.

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Thu Oct 22 18:45:18 UTC 2015

On 22/10/15 16:42, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> As explained here
> http://blog.davidvassallo.me/2012/05/05/kvm-brctl-in-linux-bringing-vlans-to-the-guests/
> , does it exist any way to do the same with ovirt hosts? (e.g. vlan at
> the bridge level and untagged by the nics vm themselves)

By default vlan interfaces come untagged to vms. This is normal setup.

I guess you want to pass the vlan trunk up to the vm's nic? (multiple
vlans to vm)

I don't know any way of doing that with ovirt but it would be interesting.
I guess you would need something like openvswitch but I don't know if it
will cooperate well with ovirt.