[ovirt-users] schedule a VM backup in ovirt 3.5

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:10:02 UTC 2015

> > Can I shedule a VM backup with Ovirt Manager GUI. If possible, Pls let me
> > know.
>
> Not at this moment, and this is not planned for the future, afaik.

Thanks for the direct Answer. Why 's that? Can you guys go ahead without*
EASY BACKUP Solution*, When other Products like VMWare are around?

> Did you play with the other SDK examples etc suggested during this thread?
>
> May I suggest that this is best done as a plugin/contribution to a backup
> solution, not standalone. I guess most sites with more than a few hosts use
> some such solution - FOSS (amanda/bacula/backuppc/etc) or proprietary
> (netbackup/backupexec/acronis/etc) - and backup of VMs (ovirt or other)
> should be handled in this scope.

I have used bacula before. My question is how to backup VMs running in
Ovirt?
When I can't pinpoint a VM Image? Will I have to take Whole storage such as
NSF, ISCSI or SAN (i.e - FC)

Them, How to restore?

Could you pls answer?

> Searching the net I manage to find [1] and [2], which might be what
> you want. Note that I never tried any of them myself.
>
> [1] https://github.com/ovirt-china/vm-backup-scheduler
> [2] https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup

Thank you very much for the above links?

--
cat /etc/motd

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya