[ovirt-users] Unable to install ovirt engine using Centos 7.1 with 3.5.5

Jorgens, Bruce bjorgens at ciena.com
Tue Oct 27 20:00:12 UTC 2015

I'm trying to install ovirt-3.5.5 in a hosted engine configuration on an HP DL360 system with CentOS 7.1.
All works well up until the hosted VM portion of the install.
After installing CentOS 7.1 on the engine, the VM is unable to boot.
I've tried installing via PXE as well as with an attached CDROM image of CentOS 7.1 and go the same results.
There is no indication of any issue during install.
I ran a rescue image against the VM and fdisk cannot find a valid partition table on /dev/vda.
Curiously, a reinstall using the VM disk finds a partition table and prompts if the space should be recovered.

Below is a sanitized version of the configuration preview:

        --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--

          Engine FQDN                        : XXXXXX
          Bridge name                        : ovirtmgmt
          SSH daemon port                    : 22
          Firewall manager                   : iptables
          Gateway address                    : 10.33.80.1
          Host name for web application      : bml-21
          Host ID                            : 1
          Image alias                        : hosted_engine
          Image size GB                      : 25
          Storage connection                 : XXXXXX
          Console type                       : vnc
          Memory size MB                     : 4096
          MAC address                        : 00:16:3e:65:0a:d7
          Boot type                          : cdrom
          Number of CPUs                     : 2
          ISO image (for cdrom boot)         : /tmp/CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1503-01.iso
          CPU Type                           : model_SandyBridge

I found this old post from nearly a year ago.  The issue sounds quite similar:
http://www.redgrid.net/kvm/no-bootable-device-found-ovirt-3-5-on-centos7/

I appreciate any help.

Bruce T. Jorgens | Technical Lead, System Test Automation
bjorgens at ciena.com<mailto:bjorgens at ciena.com> | 115 North Sullivan Road | Spokane Valley, WA 99037 USA
Direct +1.509.242.9292 | Mobile +1.509.499.0215 | Fax +1.509.242.9001