[ovirt-users] Backup / Export Storage

Soeren Malchow soeren.malchow at mcon-group.com
Wed Oct 14 23:49:33 UTC 2015

Dear all,

We have a large amount of Vms in the backup/export storage, basically every of the approx 50 machines in approx 20-30 generations, the listing (in VM Import Tab of the storage) was always very slow, but now i get an error – am small popup with a 502.

I can not even delete Vms to make the storage smaller again.

Regarding this i have a few questions

  1.  How do i reduce the amount of VMS so that i can access the VM Import again ? Can i just delete on storage level ?
  2.  Is there anything i can do to speed up the listing
  3.  Does anyone have an idea how to export the exported (yes :-) ) VMS to another storage in a way that they can be accessed and reimported if necessary, as far as i know the machines are already ovf formats, i would only need to get the name for each machine and write it somehwere else, suggestions ?

Cheers
Soeren