[ovirt-users] Moving a Hosted Engine from Fedora 20 to CentOS 7

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:49:22 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:23 PM, John Florian <jflorian at doubledog.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Can somebody please point me to documentation or describe how I should
>> proceed with this task?  I see lots of pages for moving from a physical
>> engine to a VM and vice-versa but am having no luck finding how to go
>> about building a new HE to obsolete my original.
>>

> using ovirt-hosted-engine-setup you can choose a setup without using the
> appliance. So you can scratch install your VM

BTW the ovirt-engine-appliacnce we build [1] is Centos based. Seems like
perfect candidate.

#install the appliance
yum install ovirt-engine-appliance

#and then run the setup
ovirt-hosted-engine-setup

choose "disk" in this stage

Please specify the device to boot the VM from (cdrom, disk, pxe) [cdrom]: disk

it will suggest the downloaded appliance automatically

See this wiki for reference
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/HEApplianceFlow#Testing