[ovirt-users] migration

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 09:57:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Koen Vanoppen <vanoppen.koen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question.
> I know have my ovirt-engine running on a server on virtualbox. But I would
> like to add this server to my ovirt hypervisors pool.
> This OR I would like to update my current hypervisor (which is in centos
> 6.7) to centos 7 for the live snapshot removal support. (for taking backups)
>
> Is this possible *WITHOUT *losing my current vms. I only have 1
> hypervisor at the moment, so migrating the VM's to another host isn't an
> option...

You can spare the export by the import storage domain feature which
includes the VM import (the discs and the OVF are on the domain). You can
u/g the Centos host, install hosted engine and import the storage domain
with the VMs.

Would this be possible with exporting the VMS to an export domain --> Full