[ovirt-users] [ANN] Release Process changes

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 14:38:12 UTC 2015

The oVirt Team strive to provide a stable solution and provide timely
updates to improve on that solution. After GA of every major release we try
to provide updates to discovered issues on a monthly basis.

In the current process we announce a release date just after the previous
release (usually a month ahead) and aim to fix to scoped issues for this
date. Sometimes we fail to meet that date when we see that the scope was
not met or that the stability is not up to the release standard. This means
that we have to change the announced date and this might happen several
times.

In order to improve on this process, maintenance (not like major) releases
will not have a declared date and will be released when ready. We will
remain attentive to needs of urgent issues and will continue to aim for
monthly release, but instead we will provide weekly updates on current
status of development and testing of maintenance releases and gaps we are
working to close for that release.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com