[ovirt-users] VLAN with one NIC

Genadi Chereshnya gcheresh at redhat.com
Sun Sep 6 06:31:04 UTC 2015

Hi,
Indeed at this stage it is not supported to have VM and VLAN networks on the same physical interface.
I know it is supposed to be changed in the future (if I understand correctly it is already supported on the VDSM side).

For now you can have 2 VLAN networks on the same interface ( so if it works for your specific scenario you can tag the management network)
Or you can configure the Management network to be non-VM as was proposed earlier and then you can add VLAN networks to the same interface (for such scenario you can't have management network to be configured on your VMs)
Of course if you can have or add additional NICs to you host device, and then you can configure Management network on one of the interfaces and VLAN on another.

Regards,
   Genadi