[ovirt-users] Support for QinQ

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Sep 7 14:27:33 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 02:45:04PM +0200, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been looking around the web for QinQ support in Ovirt. I see that QinQ is supported in CentOS
> 6.x and above. However I cannot see any documented support in Ovirt. I've come across the page
> below which details QinQ as a future feature.
>
> Is QinQ still a future feature, or is it possible to use QinQ with Ovirt today somehow?
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Networking

I'm afraid we do not support QinQ, and it's not on our immediate
roadmap.

However, we would love to understand your use case (do you want to
tunnel VM traffic within QinQ? why?)

I believe you can use network custom properties and
before/after_network_setup hookpoint in order to tinker with this
yourself.

Regards,
Dan.