[ovirt-users] Disappearing vm.conf

noc noc at nieuwland.nl
Mon Sep 14 06:45:09 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I'm reinstalling hosted-engine on my F22 laptop and I'm making progress.
With beta3 I couldn't get it installed, with beta5 it installed and I
could go into the webui but I had to shutdown my laptop and get some
sleep :-)
Next morning the hosted-engine didn't start. Running 'hosted-engine
--vm-status' tells me I need to deploy first. Looks like its a virgin
system. Looking at what hosted-engine does I found out that
/var/run/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/vm.conf is missing. In another thread
its mentioned that it now lives on the storage domain but I couldn't
find it there, nothing resembles it.
Question is: how did engine get started and why is that vm.conf now missing.

Logs are available later today if needed.

Joop