[ovirt-users] Live Storage Migration

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Mon Sep 14 09:20:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

somehow I got lost about the possibility to do a live storage migration.
We are using OVirt 3.5.4 + FC20 Nodes (virt-preview - qemu 2.1.3)

>From the WebUI I have the following possibilites:

1) disk without snapshot: VMs tab -> Disks -> Move: Button is active
but it does not allow to do a migration. No selectable storage domain
although we have 2 NFS systems. Gives warning hints about
"you are doing live migration, bla bla, ..."

2) disk with snapshot: VMs tab -> Disk -> Move: Button greyed out

3) BUT! Disks tab -> Move: Works! No hints about "live migration"
I do not dare to click go ...

While 1/2 might be consistent they do not match to 3. Maybe someone
can give a hint what should work, what not and where me might have
an error.

Thanks.

Markus