[ovirt-users] Extension aaa: No search for principal

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Sep 15 11:41:02 UTC 2015

On 11.09.2015 17:00, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> [...]
Sorry for the delay, Alon.

> I am unsure what actually happens...
I might have an idea, at least from the commands you supplied.

> Something in global catalog is out of sync.
> Usually - you do not add domain administrator to external application... there is no need to expose it.
> By default Administrator does not have "login from network" and "user principal suffix".
>
> Also in my environment I do not get result for administrator, but I do get one for regular user that has upn suffix in user record, you can see these fields in user and domain manager.
>
> So please use regular unprivileged users which belongs to "Domain Users" from now on.
>
> To test if user has userPrincipalName use the following command (assuming we search for user at int.corp.de):
>
> $ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:3268/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w PASSWORD -b '' '(userPrincipalName=user at int.corp.de)' cn userPrincipalName
It seams with Active Directory (at least) the search base cannot be
empty (-b '') but needs to be provided.

In my case, the above command fails with:
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
> text: 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100213, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:

While adding the most basic search path it succeeds:

$ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H
ldap://int.corp.de:389/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w PASSWORD -b
'dc=int,dc=corp,dc=de' '(userPrincipalName=administrator at int.corp.de)'
cn userPrincipalName
> # search reference
> ref: ldap://ForestDnsZones.int.corp.de/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=int,DC=corp,DC=de
>
> # search reference
> ref: ldap://DomainDnsZones.int.corp.de/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=int,DC=corp,DC=de
>
> # search reference
> ref: ldap://int.corp.de/CN=Configuration,DC=int,DC=corp,DC=de
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
> control: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.319 false DDDDDDDSSSDDMM=
> pagedresults: cookie=
>
> # numResponses: 4
> # numReferences: 3

It succeeds with every user I tried.

I would set the search base; but i am not sure where to do so.

> This should find the user (return one result), if not, please checkout user in Users and Domains manager for the domain suffix, maybe it is empty.
>
> To find user without userPrincipalName such as Administrator use the following command:
>
> $ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:3268/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w PASSWORD -b '' '(sAMAccountName=user)' cn userPrincipalName
>
> For example, the above will work for Administrator, but for kerberos to work properly user principal name must be defined, so these users will not work.
>
> You can dump entire GC and send me a user record if no result so I can determine what is different from expectations:
>
> $ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H ldap://qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:3268/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w PASSWORD -b '' > /tmp/dump.out

If you still require a dump (its even a small one..) please drop a mail.

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767