[ovirt-users] Extension aaa: No search for principal

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 17:23:26 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

But I asked to query a specific port... the global catalog, port 3268, see my command above.

> It succeeds with every user I tried.

what we see is not a success... :(
I also asked not to use administrator as a reference user, please create a standard non privileged user for these tests, so skip oddness of builtin administrator for now.

> I would set the search base; but i am not sure where to do so.
>

> > This should find the user (return one result), if not, please checkout user
> > in Users and Domains manager for the domain suffix, maybe it is empty.
> >
> > To find user without userPrincipalName such as Administrator use the
> > following command:
> >
> > $ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H
> > ldap://qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:3268/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w
> > PASSWORD -b '' '(sAMAccountName=user)' cn userPrincipalName
> >
> > For example, the above will work for Administrator, but for kerberos to
> > work properly user principal name must be defined, so these users will not
> > work.
> >
> > You can dump entire GC and send me a user record if no result so I can
> > determine what is different from expectations:
> >
> > $ ldapsearch -E pr=1024/noprompt -o ldif-wrap=no -H
> > ldap://qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com:3268/ -x -D 'bind at int.corp.de' -w
> > PASSWORD -b '' > /tmp/dump.out
>
> If you still require a dump (its even a small one..) please drop a mail.

I will be happy to receive a complete dump of your gc, please send me privately, so we can progress.
Please use this exact command just replace qa1.qa.lab.tlv.redhat.com with your dc, bind at int.corp.de with your bind user and PASSWORD with bind user password.

Thanks!