[ovirt-users] Automatically migrate VM between hosts in the same cluster

Luca Bertoncello L.Bertoncello at queo-group.com
Thu Sep 17 14:44:32 UTC 2015

Hello Alex

> You can't live migrate on a host failure - as the host has gone down and all the
> running VMs on it have as well! It would require clairvoyance to enable live
> migration in that situation.

Is it possible to enable that? How?

> However you can enable HA in VMs. If the host they are running on fails they
> will be restarted automatically on another host. NB. This
> *requires* power management so the failed host can be fenced.

Well, we don't have a Power-Management, right now...
We have Dell hardware, but this PC (right now I just experiment, so I don't use "real servers") does not have any PM...
Maybe there is an emulator or other solution to check how does it work?

On the Servers we have Drac6, but oVirt has just Drac5 or Drac7... It does not work with Drac6?

Thank you very much

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Luca Bertoncello

--
Besuchen Sie unsere Webauftritte:

www.queo.biz		Agentur für Markenführung und Kommunikation
www.queoflow.com	IT-Consulting und Individualsoftwareentwicklung

Luca Bertoncello
Administrator
Telefon:	+49 351 21 30 38 0
Fax:		+49 351 21 30 38 99
E-Mail:	l.bertoncello at queo-group.com

queo GmbH
Tharandter Str. 13
01159 Dresden
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dresden
Handelsregistereintrag: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 22352
Geschäftsführer: Rüdiger Henke, André Pinkert
USt-IdNr.: DE234220077