[ovirt-users] Automatically migrate VM between hosts in the same cluster

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:17:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Luca Bertoncello <
L.Bertoncello at queo-group.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex
>
> > 2) My question was: "what can I do, so that in case of Kernel Panic or
> similar, the VM will be migrated (live or not) to another host?"
> >
> > You would make the VMs HA and acquire a fencing solution.
>
> What do you mean now? Have two VM and build a cluster? This is not what we
> want...
> If it's possible, I'd like to have more Host AS CLUSTER with migration of
> the VM between the nodes...
> I think oVirt already do that, since I have to create Clusters. For me a
> Cluster is not just "more nodes with the same CPU", but also something with
> load balancing or high availability...

You should also RTFM sooner or later.... ;-)
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide

In particular for this HA related concepts:
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide#Virtual_Machine_High_Availability_Settings_Explained
and
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide#Host_Resilience

HIH,