[ovirt-users] Automatically migrate VM between hosts in the same cluster

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 09:25:54 UTC 2015

> Well, right now my problem is to understand how can I "simulate" this Power management. Maybe in the future, if we decide that oVirt  is the right solution for us, we will buy some Power management system (APC or similar).
> But now, for the experiments, I can't ask my boss to pay >500€ for a device that maybe we will not use...

GIven the outlay you will pay for your server kit regardless of using
Ovirt or not, EUR 500 is nothing. As I said, what about ebay? I've just
looked and there's a 24 outlet one for GBP 100, and an 8 port one for
$44, both Buy It Now! And that's just a UK search.

> By the way: I find really funny, that I can't define an Cluster with automatically migration of the VM without Power management. OK, I know what it can happens if the host is not really dead, but at least to allow that, with warnings and so on, should be nice...

Live migration works fine without power management. If a host gets too
busy, VMs will migrate away from it.

Alex

 .