[ovirt-users] moving storage away from a single point of failure

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Fri Sep 18 20:34:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm running oVirt 3.5 in our lab, and currently I'm using NFS to a single
server. I'd like to move away from having a single point of failure.
Watching the mailing list, all the issues with gluster getting out of sync
and replica issues has me nervous about gluster, plus I just have 2
machines with lots of drive bays for storage. I've been reading about GFS2
and DRBD, and wanted opinions on if either is a good/bad idea, or to see if
there are other alternatives.

My oVirt setup is currently 5 nodes and about 25 VMs, might double in size
eventually, but probably won't get much bigger than that.

Thanks,

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons