[ovirt-users] Not able to resume a VM which was paused because of gluster quorum issue

Ramesh Nachimuthu rnachimu at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 10:24:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

    I am not able to resume a VM which was paused because of gluster
client quorum issue. Here is what happened in my setup.

1. Created a gluster storage domain which is backed by gluster volume
with replica 3.
2. Killed one brick process. So only two bricks are running in replica 3
setup.
3. Created two VMs
4. Started some IO using fio on both of the VMs
5. After some time got the following error in gluster mount and VMs
moved to paused state.
          " server 10.70.45.17:49217 has not responded in the last 42
seconds, disconnecting."
       "vmstore-replicate-0: e16d1e40-2b6e-4f19-977d-e099f465dfc6:
Failing WRITE as quorum is not met"
       more gluster mount logs at http://pastebin.com/UmiUQq0F
6. After some time gluster quorum is active and I am able to write the
the gluster file system.
7. When I try to resume the VM it doesn't work and I got following error
in vdsm log.
       http://pastebin.com/aXiamY15

Regards,
Ramesh