[ovirt-users] VNC console behind NAT

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 07:47:35 UTC 2015

On Sep 24, 2015, at 09:43 , Alan Murrell <lists at murrell.ca> wrote:

> On 23/09/15 07:44 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>> you would need a full proxy. Is websocket proxy & noVNC in browser an option?
>
> I have tried both of those and have never been able to get them to work
> for me.

It is a bit more difficult, it is also not fully equivalent (especially spice_html5 is really an alpha quality)
But with the right deployment of websocket-proxy it should work just fine (engine-setup should ask you if you rerun - if you want to run it on engine host; or it can be deployed on a separate host). Then make sure you did indeed import engine's CA into the browser

btw, what's the reason for VNC? lack of SPICE client on a particular platform?

Thanks,
michal