[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.6.0 Sixth Beta Release

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 17:10:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Rudi Schmitz <rudischmitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a simple setup. Machine is a node. going to deploy from iscsi on
> thenetwork but dont get that far.  I installed 3.6 sixth beta release node
> iso on a machine. IP adress is setup. Then I try to deploy hosted engine
> over ssh. I input a local http url of the centos 7 iso  and hit Deploy.
>
> The tui stops and I get:
>
> An error appeared in the UI: AttributeError("'TransactionProgressDialog'
> object has no attribute 'event'",)
> Press ENTER to logout ...
> or enter 's' to drop to shell

Could you please attach the logs?

You can also decide to use the engine appliance witch greatly speed up the
deployment process being ready to use, check here:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/HEApplianceFlow

On a regular el7 you can get it via
 yum install ovirt-engine-appliance
while yum is disabled on node but you can still directly download the OVA
from here:
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-appliance-engine_3.6_build-artifacts-el7_merged/

The whole setup should took about 15 minutes on commodity hardware.