[ovirt-users] Another way of CTDB to mount engine

Bello Florent florent.bello at ville-kourou.fr
Fri Sep 25 15:36:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have 3 nodes with glusterfs installed. I configured replica
3 on my engine volume.

i don't want to use ctdb for my hosted-engine,
but when i start hosted-engine --deploy, use localhost:/engine or
gluster.localdomain:/engine, gluster.localdomain is configured in all
servers /etc/hosts like :
host 1 : "192.168.100.101 gluster.localdomain
gluster"
host 2 : "192.168.100.102 gluster.localdomain gluster"
host 3 :
"192.168.100.103 gluster.localdomain gluster",

the setup failed with :

--== STORAGE CONFIGURATION ==--

 During customization use CTRL-D to
abort.
 Please specify the storage you would like to use (glusterfs,
iscsi, fc, nfs3, nfs4)[nfs3]: glusterfs
[ INFO ] Please note that
Replica 3 support is required for the shared storage.
 Please specify
the full shared storage connection path to use (example: host:/path):
localhost:/engine
[WARNING] Due to several bugs in mount.glusterfs the
validation of GlusterFS share cannot be reliable.
[ INFO ] GlusterFS
replica 3 Volume detected
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment
customization': Connection to storage server failed
[ INFO ] Stage:
Clean up
[ INFO ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20150925121036.conf'
[
INFO ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO ] Stage: Termination

I have to
use obligatory ctdb or keepalived, or existing another way ?
--

Florent BELLO
Service Informatique
informatique at ville-kourou.fr