[ovirt-users] Another way of CTDB to mount engine

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Sep 29 14:44:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Bello Florent <
florent.bello at ville-kourou.fr> wrote:

> hi,
>
> It's really not a single point of failure ? In this way i see 2 point of
> failure, if the hosted-engine break and if the mount server adress break.
> And it's not possible to migrate the engine.
>

> Can you explain me why is not a point of failure for you ?

That server should be up when you start deploying hosted-engine.
When VDSM accesses that volume it gathers the whole brick list so it will
then be able to use that volume also if the server you initially pointed to
start the deployment process has died.