[ovirt-users] vm provisionning with foreman/ovirt

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue Sep 29 16:54:58 UTC 2015

Hello Nathanaël,

On 28.09.2015 14:42, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> Hi Yaniv,
>
> I successfully tested the foreman integration with ovirt 3.5 for host
> provisionning, but I'm now so much interested in the vm provisionning
> during the vm creation with a PXE boot on a kickstart file generated by
> foreman.
> I've tested the vm provisionning in the foreman side with computer
> resource and all works as expected. But to my mind, it would be easier
> to deal this workflow with ovirt as a unique interface. Is there some
> current work to implement this into ovirt?

There is quite a difference in the goals of ovirt and foreman. I do think there will never
be such a feature in ovirt; foreman is live cycle and ovirt compute.

This is why on our site, for instance, users use Foreman as frontend while admins use oVirt directly.

However, it is quite easy to add existing VMs back to foreman:
In foreman, head to compute providers, ovrit, 'associate vms'

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767