[ovirt-users] The field is not attached to any instance type

Simon Barrett Simon.Barrett at tradingscreen.com
Wed Sep 30 09:44:34 UTC 2015

I've recently upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.5.4.2-el6. Now when I edit a VM I see a small icon to the left of some fields. It looks like an unlinked symbol. When I hover over it the following text pops up:

The field is not attached to any instance type

I see it on various fields. E.G.:

Edit Virtual Machine
- System Tab
-- Memory Size
-- Total Virtual CPUs
-- Cores per Virtual Socket
-- Virtual Sockets

- Host tab
-- The two migration option fileds

I don't see the same icon when editing hosts, storage, networks etc.

VM live migration and restarts are all OK. I can also edit the values and the changes take effect as set.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Many thanks,

Simon