[ovirt-users] kvm vcpu0 unhandled rdmsr

gregor gregor_forum at catrix.at
Sun Apr 3 18:36:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

on one Host I get very often the message

"kvm ... vcpu0 unhandled rdmsr ..."

When this occurs some VM's are stuck. Really bad is this for an Windows
Server 2012 R2 VM which stucks so heavy that the VM is getting corrupt
and the VM is unable to boot anymore and a Windows Recovery in any way
didn't help. Therefor I had to reinstall the VM, this works for some
day's but now the VM is still damaged. So I can't use Windows Server
2012 R2 on this machine but the customer needs it and I have some days
to ship it to my customer. So I have to decide to stay on oVirt or use
another product. Besides, oVirt run on my others hosts (without Windows
VM) very well since a long time.
On a CentOS 7 VM I have similar problems where the NIC is getting
offline sometime + the XFS filesystems get some errors and I have to fix
this in recovery mode.

oVirt: 3.6.4.1-1.el7.centos
machine: HP ProLiant ML110 Gen9
VM's: 3 CentOS 7 and one Windows Server 2012 R2

I hope somebody can help.

regards
gregor