[ovirt-users] Installing self-hosted-engine via SSH, without screen

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 07:03:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to install self hosted engine in an automated fashion (via
Ansible).
This:
1. Doesn't create a pseudo tty (Ansible is not doing that in its SSH)
2. Doesn't use screen

How can I still install hosted-engine? I seem to be failing around the
initial checks done at [1].
I've tried various hacks (ssh to localhost, use '-T', run 'screen' locally)
- none seem to have worked well. I've noticed the config option, but not
sure how to use it - OVEHOSTED_CORE/screenProceed

TIA,
Y.

[1]
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/blob/e339fa94637df536865b92e4dc9a2075417b6257/src/plugins/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/core/shell.py#L53