[ovirt-users] looking for some ISV backup software which integrates the backup API

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Tue Apr 5 18:32:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

We are about to change our backup provider, and I find it is a great
chance to choose a full supported ovirt backup solution.
I currently use this python script vm-backup-scheduler
(https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup) but it is not the workflow
officially suggested by the community
(https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/backup-restore-api-integration/).

I've been looking for a long time an ISV who supports such an API, but
the only one I found  is this one :
Acronis Backup Advanced suggested here
https://access.redhat.com/ecosystem/search/#/ecosystem/Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Virtualization?category=Software
I ran the trial version, but it doesn't seem to do better than the
vm-backup-scheduler script, and it doesn't seem to use the backup API
(attach a clone as a disk to an existing vm).
Can you suggest me some other ISV solutions, if they ever exist... or
share me your backup experience?