[ovirt-users] VM HA when no engine

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:52:18 UTC 2016

A standalone host with only the local storage in a separate location and no
clustering... I would leave that host out of the oVirt setup, and keep it
under simple libvirt control. Then it's a simple matter of setting the VM
up using libvirt and running virsh autostart VMNAME to make sure it
restarts on reboot.

The engine manages the VMs, if it can't, then you can either do a dirty
hack to bypass the engine and create a splitbrain between what the engine
knows and what happens on the host, or ensure stable communication between
the host and engine.