[ovirt-users] Ovirt + OpenVSwitch

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Mon Apr 11 11:24:51 UTC 2016

Hi
My usecase is that I am setting up a lab to emulate a customers
production environment which has multiple vlans. As this is done in a
hosting environment where I don't have any control over the switches,
I've created virtual switches with OpenVSwitch which connects together a
couple of physical servers which are running virtual machines to emulate
their servers. Currently I'm running a few virtual machines created
manually with libvirt but looking for a more user friendly way of
handling them.

I'm not looking at managing the network setup from Ovirt, I just want it
to use the network that is present and create VM's there.

The tweaking that I did with 3.6 was to run the hosted-engine setup but
where it failed I put the right answer in the file so that it would skip
over that part. I got that far that it attempts to start the vm but as
it doesn't give right parameters to libvirt it fails to create a port on
the bridge.

I'm not having much luck with the 4.0 alpha though, this is a separate
machine that I set up for this testing but when I run hosted-engine
--deploy it just returns without any message. I did run the cleanup
script found at http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/
and rebooted in between but still no luck

/Sverker