[ovirt-users] Looking for Python-SDK documentation

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Apr 11 18:41:57 UTC 2016

On 11.04.16 20:17, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-04-11 at 14:38 -0300, Amador Pahim wrote:

>>> Other than what you found I found this but that's all.  Doesn't seem
>>> to be much other than examples an the one that shows what to import.
>>>  I, too would like to find what your are looking for so I can use it.
>>
>> There is this RHEV documentation that can be helpful:
>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.3/html/Developer_Guide/chap-Python_Quick_Start_Example.html
>>

>>> http://www.ovirt.org/develop/api/pythonapi/

> Thanks.  That is helpful but as Frank said it would be nice to have an
> api reference for each class and function that gives the parameters,
> return values, and other stuff usually found in an API reference.  The
> examples are helpful but don't give all the information abut a function
> or class.

Thanks to all who answered.  Brett brings it to the point:  All sent
links so far are indeed helpful - thanks a lot - but not the reference I
expected.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.6/html/Python_SDK_Guide/chap-Python_Reference_Documentation.html#Python_Reference_Documentation
mentions `pydoc`, but this documentation seems to be provided only for
some modules or to be incomplete.  Also for me not being a software
developper and newish to Python, the `pydoc` information is not very
useful.  Where can I e.g. find the documentation for vms.get() and
vms.add() (just to name teo concrete examples)?

Frank