[ovirt-users] can I use ovirt webmin UI create glusterfs volumeand not use ovirtmgmt ip

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 09:06:12 UTC 2016

On 04/13/2016 01:41 PM, 胡茂荣 wrote:
> Hi Sahina Bose :
>         my /etc/hosts:
>> 192.168.6.93 node93.gluster.com
>> 192.168.6.44 node44.gluster.com
>> 192.168.6.45 node45.gluster.com
>> 192.168.1.93 node93.host.com
>> 192.168.1.44 node44.host.com
>> 192.168.1.45 node45.host.com
>> 192.168.1.9  node9.engine.com
>> and 192.168.1.X  is ovirtmgmt port ip  , 192.168.6.X is gluster
>> volume brick ip
> I do follow the 3 there steps , I create new volume , the volume brick
> info is correctly( brick is my ovirt gluster port ip ) ,but I find ,
> the glusterfs volume brick info (ip or peer hostname )show via
> webmin not correctly  when glusterfs volume  created by command on
> host tty before ovirt-engine deployment

Did you use the hostnames to identify the bricks when volume was created
from command line?

Like I mentioned before - ovirt cannot identify multiple hostnames for
the server, so if the brick had been identified using the IP address it
will correctly identify on engine.
The monitoring of brick will continue to work. Any management of brick
i.e - replace/remove will need to be done via command line.