[ovirt-users] hosted-engine stuck "failed liveliness check" "detail": "up"

Paul Groeneweg | Pazion paul at pazion.nl
Fri Apr 15 08:14:35 UTC 2016

Tonight my server with NFS hosted-engine mount crashed.
Now all is back online ,except the hosted engine. I can't ping  or ssh the
machine

when I do hosted-engine --vm-status, I get:

--== Host 2 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : geisha-3.pazion.nl
Host ID                            : 2
Engine status                      : {"reason": "failed liveliness check",
"health": "bad", "vm": "up", "detail": "up"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : d71d7c6b
Host timestamp                     : 4404

I tried restarting all services/nfs mounts, start hosted engine on other
hosts, but all the same host up, but liveliness failed and unable to access
the network/IP.

I imagine it is stuck at the console requiring a fsck check maybe?
Is there a way to access the boot display directly?

Any help is highly appreciated!