[ovirt-users] hosted-engine stuck "failed liveliness check" "detail": "up"

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 09:34:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Paul Groeneweg | Pazion
<paul at pazion.nl> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I managed to get the console through:
>
> hosted-engine --add-console-password
> /bin/remote-viewer vnc://localhost:5900
>
> Turns out, there seems to be some corruption on the partition:
> http://screencast.com/t/6iR0U3QuI
>
> Is there a way to boot from CD, so I can start rescue mode?

Yes,
you have to set global maintenance mode to avoid VM start attempts on
other hosts.

You have to poweroff the engine VM with:
 hosted-engine --vm-shutdown/--vm-poweroff (probably the second one in
your case)
Then you have to create a copy of
/var/run/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha/vm.conf and you have to manually edit
it in order to attach the ISO image and change the boot order.
At that point you can start the engine VM with your custom configuration with:
 hosted-engine --vm-start --vm-conf=my_custom_vm.conf

Good luck!