[ovirt-users] Move hosted storage

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Apr 17 06:11:39 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Marcin Michta
<marcin.michta at codilime.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created hosted engine on the NFS storage at server1. I wonder - can I move
> (migrate) hosted storage to server2 (also NFS) and how to make work after
> all.

Are both on the same LAN? If so, you can just add the other as an additional
host, migrate the VM to it, then remove the first from the engine (after moving
it to maintenance). IIRC HA will forget about it after a week or so (in the
output of 'hosted-engine --vm-status'). In principle you can remove it manually
using 'hosted-engine --clean-metadata --host-id=1'. See also:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/

If on different LANs, you can try using backup/restore:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/hosted-engine-backup-and-restore/

Best,
--
Didi